I broke two teeth attempting to tighten them onto the welding wire and in the process of switching them over to the music wire, I lost some more.
I finished assembling the necklace and felt a need to close the negative space of the zipper pull. I found some interesting pieces of metal from past bronze casting operations. The metal came from the spillage of molten metal out of the molds. The pieces I found were thin and relatively flat pieces with the characteristics of wax drippings. I selected a certain section and proceeded to cut and shaped the piece and then made copper rivets drilled holes in the pull and then attached the two together. This gave the piece a more central focus point on the zipper pull instead of through it and the copper rivets also helped to compensate for the copper stop at the end of the zipper. The wire running through the necklace also happens to be part of the clasping mechanism around the back of the zipper.
|"Ziplace" - (chocker necklace) re-purposed zipper and miscellaneous metals|
I also started working on another medium-sized bowl pictures soon...
Thanks for reading :)